1. POLICY FORMULATION
To formulate clear policies and strategies for the Plantation Commodities Industry based on current developments and needs within the following time frames:
- 18 months for drafting and legislative amendments; and
- Six (6) months for new the existing policies, rules and strategies
2. DRAFTING OF LEGISLATION
To draft principal and subsidiary legislation related to the plantation and commodities industry based on current developments and needs within the following time frames:
i. Principal Legislation
•The Division/Agency drafts the principal legislation (in both Malay and English) which is then forwarded to the Legal Unit through the Division's in MPI.
•Within 20 working days from the date of resolution of any policy and legal issue. If any policy or legal issues are raised, then the 20-day period stops running until resolution of the said issues.
•Quality : In line with the Federal Constitution, the parent Act, other Acts and meeting the clients’ requirements.
ii. Subsidiary Legislation
- The Division/Agency drafts the Subsidiary Legislation (in both Malay and English) and then forwards it to the Legal Unit through the Division's in MPI.
- Within 14 working days for texts not exceeding 50 pages and 21 working days for texts exceeding 50 pages. If any policy or legal issues are raised the period stops running until resolution of the said issues.
3. DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
To ensure that development programmes in the agricultural and commodities sectors are planned, implemented and monitored accordingly, and to hold 12 Development Action Committee (JTPK) meetings a year.
4. PAYMENT OF BILLS
- Ensure that 90% of complete bills are settled within seven (7) days; and
- In the event of complaints about payments not received within 14 days, the complaint shall be resolved within 72 hours.
5. CONSULTATION SESSIONS
To hold consultation sessions with state governments, the industry players and non-governmental organisations (NGO):
i. Ministerial level:
- One (1) consultation dialogue session a year for each commodity with the commodities industry and non-governmental organisations (NGO):
ii) Officer Level
- Six (6) consultation sessions with the industry.
6. TRADE MISSIONS
To organise trade and market enhancement missions / working visits to strengthen the existing market and explore new markets at least five (5) times a year and to take the appropriate follow-up actions.
7. DATA AND STATISTIC UPDATES
To upload data and Statistics on Commodities in MPI’s Official website and open data portal manage by Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU).
8. CLIENT COMPLAINTS
To ensure that all client complaints are answered with:
- An acknowledgement of receipt within one (1) day;
- A preliminary response within five (5) days; and
- A resolution within a period of 15 days for complaints not involving policy matters.
9. MEET THE CLIENTS SESSIONS
To hold ‘meet the clients’ sessions through field programmes such as the Hello Commodity Programme at least two (2) times a year.
To upload the latest information on MPI programmes to the website within 24 hours.
11. BIOFUEL LICENCE
- To issue acknowledgement of receipt for complete applications within one (1) day;
- To issue licence within three (3) days after the licence is signed by the Biofuel Licensing Authority; and
- To respond to unsuccessful applications within three (3) days after the decision is made by the Biofuel Licensing Authority.
Revised and approved at 02 April 2019